If you are in a heart-centered business, and love what you do, yet you are not creating the income you would like, this can be frustrating. I am here to tell you that lack of income in your business is related to your “money story”.
Being unaware of your “money story” can subconsciously affect your ability to produce the income of your choice. You may be taking all the right actions and following appropriate marketing advice, but if you are not aware of your “money story”, you are pushing income away without realizing it.
It is important to become aware of your “money story” so that you can enjoy the rewards of your hard work, one of which is ever increasing income. Permitting financial abundance into your life also allows you to claim the value of your work.
Here is how you can become aware of your “money story”:
- Make a list of all the “money experiences” you have had in the past, the positive and negative.
- Make a list of people with whom you had those experiences.
- Acknowledge the positive money experiences and celebrate.
- Connect with “money experiences” that really stand out for you as the most painful.
- Of the people with whom you had negative “money experiences”, choose one person who was the most important, and notice if the negative experience affected you greatly because of the importance of that relationship in your life.
- Notice how that experience has shaped how you deal with money today.
Here is how to heal one of the most significant negative “money experiences”:
Take some time to invite, into this process, the person on your list who was really important to you and let you down financially. Ask them what it is that you wanted from them. Tell them that you forgive them for not giving you what you wanted, and then release them from your system by saying a prayer:
“God, I release this person knowing that they did the best they could. Now I connect with the Universal Abundance that is my birthright today to ask you, the source, to give me what I need and deserve. I no longer allow my ability to receive wealth to be limited by the experience I had with this person. I no longer punish myself financially or attach my self-worth to thoughts of what this individual did or did not give me. Amen.”
Taking the time for this exercise may initially stir up a range of memories and emotions. Yet going through the process will allow you to release any of the negative “money experiences” and negative associations to money that you may not have even known you were holding on to. Consequently, your new awareness, and the new space you create, will allow you the room to attract more positive “money experiences” in your life. This, in turn, will result in your being more able to love yourself and to give yourself the lifestyle you deserve.